Gears slip or skip when reeling in fish.
POSSIBLE CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS
CAUSE: Pinion gear and/or spool shaft damaged. NOTE: this type of damage may occur with the following conditions:
- The spool is engaged before the spool quits turning or before the lure hits the water.
- When thumb bar is released in mid-cast while in Flippin' mode.
- The drag is set too tight while fishing with Super Line.
SOLUTION: Replace pinion gear and/or spool assembly. NOTE: Use the following tips to avoid conditions that will damage the pinion gear and/or spool shaft:
- Do not engage spool before the lure hits the water.
- Do not release the thumb bar before the cast has finished (while in Flippin' mode)
- Set drag to allow for some line slippage on hooksets when fishing with Super Lines